‘Best For Business’ Locations
29 Nov 2021 | Sarah Huntridge, Business Development Manager
Research shows the countries that are the most business-friendly and attract investment.
The survey’s rankings are based on how global perceptions define countries in terms of a number of qualitative characteristics, impressions that have the potential to drive trade, travel and investment and directly affect national economies. The report covers perceptions of 80 nations.
Nine categories with various weightings combined to produce the Best Countries ranking. The top three winning countries is each category are:
- Adventure: Brazil Italy, Spain
- Citizenship: Norway, Canada, Switzerland
- Cultural Influence: Italy, France, Spain
- Entrepreneurship: Japan, Germany, United States
- Heritage: Italy, Spain, Greece
- Movers: United Arab Emirates, Singapore, China
- Open for Business: Luxembourg, Switzerland, Panama
- Power: United States, Russia, China
- Quality of Life: Canada, Sweden, Denmark
It’s interesting to note that Luxembourg heads the list of countries ‘open for business’ for the second year running. Its impressive performance is largely influenced by its favourable tax environment and its accepting attitude of trade across borders.
The Best Countries 2019 report was compiled by BAV Group and The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, specifically professor David J. Reibstein, in consultation with U.S. News & World Report.