ESG in International Relocation: The Business Benefits
06 Mar 2023 | Dylan de Souza, Marketing Executive
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) is underpinning responsible decision making impacting purchases and operations. For many corporate clients, a robust ESG policy is a requirement throughout their supply chains:
- 91% of companies take sustainability criteria into account in purchasing decisions.
- 85% of people are more likely to choose a supplier with a reputation for sustainability than a neutral company.
- 10/10: every year within the last decade saw the introduction of a major new supply chain sustainability regulation.
(Sources: HEC Sustainable Procurement Benchmark, Sustainable Brands, World Economic Forum)
Implementing and refining a thorough approach to ESG gives organisations the opportunity to minimise the impact it has on the environment and other ESG issues.
The nature of international relocations involves a high environmental impact. Companies involved throughout the move and relocation process have the opportunity to minimise this influence.
At BTR International, we believe that implementation of a proactive ESG policy ensures we are an environmentally aware and responsible organisation. Adding relocation value via sustainability is a core value of our company. This is important to our clients, partners (throughout our supply chain) and employees.
5 Business Benefits of ESG
We traditionally think of the ‘green’ advantages of ESG, however there are other advantages to be gained from operating sustainably:
- Competitive advantage as many clients require proactively environmentally responsible suppliers.
- ESG policies can attract investors and lenders as they look to invest in sustainable organisations.
- Improved financial performance can be achieved via even the smallest efforts toward sustainability. Paperless offices, for example, improves profitability and ROI.
- Customer loyalty is increased as transparent and effectively communicating ESG efforts can retain and attract more customers.
- Investing in ESG enables companies to become sustainable and adaptable within fast-changing requirements.
(Sources: TechTarget, EcoVardis)
Demonstrating ESG in International Relocations
THE BTR International team works hard to identify and introduce opportunities to minimise our ESG impact throughout our global operation. We are delighted to confirm that this has been recognised at the highest level.
EcoVardis is the world’s most trusted business sustainability rating.
We are so proud to confirm that BTR International has been awarded an EcoVardis Silver rating and are delighted with this recognition of our commitment to sustainability. This standard is recognised globally within every business sector. Our score is higher than or equal to the score of 74% of all companies rated by EcoVardis.
“The BTR team has worked hard to adopt ESG-aware procedures,” says Lee Brewin, BTR International’s CEO. “It’s important to us that we minimise our impact on the environment and that we work with partners who operate sustainability wherever possible. Our EcoVardis award acknowledges our proactive stance regarding ESG and we are extremely proud to have gained this recognition via this global sustainability rating.”
Is your organisation keen to work with proactive, ESG partners?
Would you like to discuss how BTR’s approach to sustainability would help your company’s ESG supply chain goals?
Talk to the friendly team at BTR. We’re here to help.